A Learning Process V: Hope
Where did I go wrong now?
You lost a friend
Somewhere along in the bitterness
I would have stayed up with you all night
Only if I had I known how to save your life..
I shall admit. I tried to, but I can't. Sometimes, there are certain things we humans can't do. Or rather, some things I can't do. For quite some time I have been trying to pick up scraps and the results have been boring - the same old, same old - repeating scenarios. I am a man that has met his limitations.
After all, how many words can you say to convince a heart? Damn my vocabulary, I don't know much. Promises are only words in a sentence wrapped up with simple flattery; such is the world, such is man, such is human love. They can be shaken, they can be bruised and they can also give way. Everything impregnated in this world has a beginning and sadly, also an end.
So where do you go when you need advice? A mutual peer with similar pain or a wise friend's lips filled with cajolery? Self help books or beautiful melancholic music? Do you busy yourself with odd jobs and relations? Ensconce yourself by the window? Or maybe distract the mind with beauties? They might suffice... but their voices only stay for a short while. So I gave up on that.
I am a person who can't take much.
I over-think, over-do and over-dramatise.
I am clueless and also a drunkard.
I am a sway-able man.
I am weak and meek.
But I am under the wings of an unshakable God.
That is my comfort.
That is my hope.

<< Home